Calling a Lead Pastor
- Job Description
King’s Church (Penwortham Free Methodist), Preston, Lancashire is a growing family friendly church with a contemporary Wesleyan outlook, a heart for God and is open to the ministry of the Holy Spirit. We long to see people coming to know and love Christ. We are looking for a Lead Pastor who:
- Loves to live out the fruit of the Spirit
- Loves the expression of a community church ministry and outreach
- Happy to become part of the Free Methodist Church movement in UK
- A team leader and team builder
- A caring pastor who loves God and loves people.
- An encouraging Bible preacher, teacher and discipler
- A heart for the poor and disenfranchised.
- A commitment to Missions
- Theologically trained and at one with our mission , our Wesleyan ethos and theology.
We seek to make an appointment from early 2019. We would welcome enquiries or expressions of interest.
Enquiries and information: Please email FAO. Rev. Andrew Gardner
As the Lead Pastor at King’s Church, Penwortham, near Preston, you'll be part of the Free Methodist Church movement in the UK and worldwide. Your ordination and your credentials will be held by the leadership of the Free Methodist Church in the UK and they will be your governing body. As such you will need to be committed to the doctrine, values and practices of the same.
Your contract of employment will be set by the Free Methodist Church UK and the local church who will act as your employer. Your salary scales will be recommended by the Free Methodist Church UK and agreed by the local church. The church owns a well-equipped 3 bedroom house. If you choose to occupy this, a rental scheme will be part of the way your salary scale is set. A pension scheme and death in service benefits are part of your remuneration. The church has a small office in the rear of the manse garage and an office rented at Penwortham Community Centre which is the base for the youth pastor and family worker.
Your first 12 months in ministry will have an element of training and induction depending on your experience as a pastor. You will also have an ordained minister as a mentor for this period.
King’s Church meets at Priory Academy School for its Sunday Services and monthly Saturday Messy Church.It’s Toddler Group, Kids and Youth Clubs are located on a Friday at Penwortham Young People’s Centre. Besides the office at Penwortham Community Centre we also hire rooms for CAP Job Club, Money and Fresh Start, Alpha and Prayer Group at the centre.
The congregation meet in Life Groups during the week in several locations across Penwortham and the wider area.
- Work as a team member, team leader and be accountable to the leadership of King’s Church.
- Work with leadership to train, develop and release potential leaders.
- Ensure all ministries at King’s church are led and sustained through team ministry.
- Work with leaders and congregation to implement a clear vision for the church.
- Help and train people to share the gospel effectively and disciple others.
- Attend and participate at our Leadership Meetings.
- Work with leaders to secure our own building for the church ministries.
- Oversee and line manage our paid staff including Youth Pastor and Family Worker.
- Attend FMUK meetings when requested and fully participate in FMUK training and conferences.
A caring pastor who loves God and loves people
- Model an exemplary godly lifestyle - 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Model, develop and encourage the prayer life of the church.
- Encourage and develop the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Oversee an established Pastoral Care team.
- Oversee the Life Groups (small groups).
- Help leadership and ministry leaders maintain a healthy church.
- Oversee our Preaching, Service Leading and Teaching programme.
- Preaching and teaching on Sunday mornings alongside our existing team.
- Conduct Baptism and Partnership Classes and oversee evangelism programme in conjunction with key ministry leaders i.e. Alpha Course, Messy Church, Festival of Hope.
- Attend Welcome evenings for newcomers and offer hospitality when appropriate.
- To encourage and build on our current ministries working with the poor and disenfranchised and work in partnership with like minded churches and organisations e.g. CAP, Food Bank, Street Pastors.
- A commitment to mission, including our International students from UCLAN.
- Lead and assist in the development of consistent and loving Evangelism ministry in Penwortham and with students from UCLAN.
- Work alongside this ministry giving oversight and encouragement.
- Encourage the church in Global Missions support through financial giving, praying and developing international mission teams from the church.
- Work together with likeminded churches (including our FM Network) and organisations from the area on evangelistic projects/programmes